Top Ten Tuesday is original feature/weekly meme that was created at The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s ‘Top Ten’ is:
Top Ten Authors (And Other Things) I’m Thankful For
- I’m thankful for … J.K. Rowling, for writing the Harry Potter series when she did, because I got to be part of the Harry Potter generation, and grew up with magic, Quidditch and Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans.
- I’m thankful for … Rick Riordan, because he introduced me to the amazing world of Greek Mythology (seriously, everything I know about Greek and Roman Mythology comes from Percy Jackson.)
- I’m thankful for … Sarah J. Maas, who first wrote Throne of Glass when she was sixteen, and worked on it for ten years before it got published. It’s inspired me to not give up on my own dreams on writing and publishing novels one day.
- I’m thankful for … Katherine Applegate, who wrote the Animorphs series. This science fiction series was my obsession during middle school. I loved the idea of a ragtag group of friends secretly waging a war against an invading alien species – and the ability to morph into animals! (I’d be a Siberian tiger, like Jake.)
- I’m thankful for … Marie Rutkoski, who wrote the Winner’s Trilogy, and showed me that strong female characters doesn’t always have to mean physical strength.
And … Some Non-Bookish Things I’m Thankful For
- I’m ever, ever so thankful for … my family. I love them to the moon and back. They’ve always been super supportive of whatever I’ve done, and buy me all the books I want, so really, what more could I ask for?
- I’m thankful for … my university course. I love what I’m studying, and not everyone gets to do that.
- I’m thankful for … winter! The weather is terribly hot most of the time where I live, so winter is always welcome here! Even though I always fall sick when the weather changes -.-